At Rugby Free Secondary, we offer instrumental and singing lessons through the Warwickshire Music Hub
If you wish for your child to learn an instrument or have singing lessons at Rugby Free you will need to apply for these lessons through the Warwickshire Music Hub website, . You will find information on their website about the instrumental and vocal tuition on offer.
As a STEMM school we value the impact that music can have on the development of our students both academically and socially. We would like all students to have the opportunity to have instrumental or singing lessons. From 1st September 2019 RFSS will be making a financial contribution towards these lessons.
Please note the following:
- Students will receive a financial contribution towards instrumental or singing lessons taken at school. Students receiving private lessons outside of school will not be eligible.
- Students who have lessons on more than one instrument (or voice) will receive a contribution towards ONE of their lessons.
- KS3 students (years 7 and 8) and KS4 students (years 9-11) who are NOT taking GCSE music will be eligible for a £10 per term re-bate towards their lessons.
- Students studying GCSE Music will be eligible for a £30 re-bate per term.
- Pupil premium students will be eligible for a 30% re-bate on the cost of their lessons.
- Warwickshire Music are offering a 50% remission for students who receive free school meals, or meet the financial criteria as outlined in their terms and conditions. If you receive this remission from Warwickshire Music you will not be eligible for a further re-bate from RFSS.
In order to receive a termly re-bate as outlined above, you will need to submit a payment receipt for your child’s lessons and complete, and return a claim form to the RFSS finance department.